Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Escar gone!

I'm taking the day off to work on my survivalist cooking skills. My lastest obsession has been picking the snails off my hosta plants.



















The typical garden variety banded brown rimmed land snail is considered a pest, but they are edible. Why waste a perfectly good beer in the hopes of luring a few mollusks to their watery graves, when you can eat the snails and drink the beer yourself.

















Why is it that even creatures as humble as the snail, still produce stunningly beautiful homes for themselves? Perfect form. Perfect function. But honestly, that shell is all that really separates them from the lowly slug.










































Did you know snails are hermaphroditic bisexuals? Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Next week my recipe for Free Range Organic Earth Worm Patties. Oh yeah, if your cat should go missing this week, it wasn't me!

No comments: