Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Mexican Bread and Circuses


This post is for Lost in Brooklyn, and Brownstoner, proud members of the mutual admiration society. XXX OOO



S
ometimes people ask me how The Crusade is going. " You should post more stories about squirrels," they say supportively.

Ok. A squirrel story. So when I was in the 5th grade, I had these two buddies I would always walk home from school with, Richard Kanishka and Glen McKinnley. Individually we were law abiding citizens, but together we were at best, accidents waiting to happen. Most of our conversations began with the words, "I bet you can't" and ended with "Watch this!". Famous last words I was sure would end up on one of our tombstones. For one example, there was the time I crawled 100 yards in pitch black darkness through a flood drainage tunnel on my hands and knees during recess. The concrete tunnel filled with all manner of debris (stagnant water, broken glass, and raccoons) was no more than 36 inches in diameter and passed underground directly beneath the school. Thinking back, I don't remember if my mom was more angry at the time because I got expelled for three days or because I ruined a good pair of dress-leather school shoes that day. Then there was the time we convinced Glen to let us turn him into a human snow ball...

Getting blogged down.

Readers have asked why I have not yet enabled the comments section on the blog. It's not that I don't want to hear what you have to say.............

Ok honestly, it
is because I don't want to hear what you have to say. Unless it's to tell me how well I just vlogged you, and then in that case, a dozen long-stemmed roses, the color of which I will leave up to you, can be sent to the IMBY Corporate Offices. The address of which I will E-mail to you only after a thorough background check is completed. (Ms. Ryder, we haven't forgotten about you. We are just waiting for the results of your Urine Test and then we will be sending out that E-mail, asap.)
When I first started this blog back in the 70's, "she" was, more or less, simply for the documentation of the events surrounding the construction of a run-of-the-mill residential building as it progressed over time. At best, I thought, she would serve as a kind of insurance policy if anything ever went wrong. A "Knowledge Replaces Fear" kind of insurance thing-a-ma-bob. It has self-actualized into something much more... involved.

"Isn't this Crusade turning into an unhealthy obsession?"

A better question might be to ask us, (Imby and me) how long can we continue to refuse antipsychotic medications before NY State intrudes and forces us against our will, to seek chemically induced therapy. "Maybe another ice water enema would snap you out of it", my mother chimes in. I tell her that's the reason I started blogging in the first place.

Don't worry my loyal vloggees. For that uneven baker's dozen who tune in on a regular basis, I promise to keep it up. I promise that we (Imby and I) are involuntarily committed to following this horse race to it's inevitable conclusion...The rendering plant that is "In My Back Yard".

So for Glen and Richard..."Watch this!"

So here's our daily decadent dose of Mexican Bread and Circuses. Please keep in mind while viewing this clip, that these responsible, safety conscience individuals, are part of the same crew who will begin excavating a 100'x 100' x 50' deep hole in the ground in the near future. FYI, the building on the left is 404 15th, Rojas Bakery. So without any further delay, for our devoted fanboys and fangirls, (13 total?) who mostly like to look at the pretty pictures, Imby Films, in association with The IMBY Archives, presents for your viewing pleasure, the next video installment from our "Shooting Fish in a Barrel" fine DIY metaphysical-educational mail order training courses...Ladies and gentlemen... The fully released, "Unloading..."

Parental Discretion is Advised

No comments: