Wednesday, November 08, 2006

"My transparent, accessable, community"

New Architectural Voyeurism!

Buildings Commissioner Patricia J. Lancaster, FAIA, announced the launch of My Community, a new user-friendly website search feature. My Community is an easy-to-use extension of the Department's online Building Information System (BIS), a database of over 950,000 properties located throughout New York City's five boroughs. By searching by address or community board, My Community makes it easier to obtain lists of new building permits, major alterations and full demolitions in any given local community board

"As part of our ongoing efforts to increase transparency and accountability, My Community more easily allows members of the public to access online lists of construction activity specific to their neighborhood. Our hope is that My Community will be an invaluable tool for everyone, from concerned community members to elected officials who want to obtain information that affects their local neighborhoods."
Step 1: What's my Community Board number, anyway?

Step 2: Some people like to watch people build...some people like to see things crushed. Choose your fetish.























Click on "GO" to begin peeping, I mean browsing.










A regular cornucopia of places to choose from. Click on any address to open the Department of Buildings, (BIS) Buildings Information Site for everything you always wanted to know about your neighborhood, but were afraid to ask.

No comments: